Tuesday, February 20, 2018

sound poem

I’ve been a listener since I met you.
Something about your life makes me wants to hear.

I will listen to your broken tooth smile talk about time and how nothing truly exists.
You talk about facts and how I cannot fear the future.
you stammer and slur words about your past self.
Ranting about the rage you would repress.

I’ll listen when you lose feeling in your left leg,
And drink liquor with you to lessen the pain.
Watching you blow money to self-medicate every Monday.
Then I’ll help you hop back to my Honda, and bring you home.

You play slow soothing sounds from your guitar
And tell me tales of Taylor, the troublemaker you tried so hard for.
I hear in your voice how she hurt your heart and messed with your head.
You say she Facebooked you, and you forgave.

I don’t think you will ever listen to be because of her.


I listen because I know what it feels like not to heard.

No comments:

Post a Comment